PHP Women are organizing CODECONNEXX, a two-day, one track conference for web developers. This conference is not only focused on technical issues – every technical talk will be followed by a soft skills talk. These inspirational talks offer good advice and tips on how to become more confident, having more fun at work, be a better member of the team and much more. They are:
- Teach a Man to Fish — Lorna Mitchell
- Be more productive by taking better notes — Adam Brett
- Working for FUN — Erika Heidi
- Building Better Developers — Rowan Merewood
- Just Google it! – How to become a better developer using search — Carl Vuorinen
- Advice for young developers: Get the job and stay cool — Richard Askew
- Things I Believe Now That I’m Old — Ross Tuck
- The Mikado Method — Pascal de Vink
There will also be plenty of social opportunities to get to know the other attendees. This conference not only helps you bridge the gap between work and life, it will help you connect with each other as well. Even though, the conference is organized by a User Group, everyone is invited.
…but who are the PHP Women?
This inclusive, global user group provides a support network within the PHP community. The main aim is to provide a network of support in hope that women in the industry do not feel alone and isolated.
How is it done?
PHP Women work on:
- helping women become more involved with the community
- increasing female attendance at conferences as speakers and attendees
- providing a “female friendly” professional atmosphere
CODECONNEXX will take place in Maastricht, The Netherlands, on November 8th and 9th and will be preceded by an all day workshop. Why not get your ticket now!