EuroPython 2011, the largest European conference for the Python Community
The conference will take place from Sunday June 20th to Sunday June 26th. The chosen location is Mediterraneo Conference Centre in Lungarno del Tempio, 44 – near the beautiful Piazza Santa Croce in the heart of Florence’s old city centre.
EuroPython Agenda will be as below:
- June 20th: Opening day of the conference. In the morning the keynote session will be held, with special guests soon to be announced.
- June 20th to 24th: Regular conference, with up to 5 parallel tracks from morning to evening, and 2 parallel tracks for hands-on trainings.
- June 25/26th: Coding Sprint. Two full days of quick hacking on Python core and libraries, with the guide of experienced developers.
Italy is home to a vibrant Python community that gathers together each year at the local PyCon Italia event (up to 400 delegates!). To acknowledge this reality in EuroPython and to encourage Italian pythoneers who suffer from the language barrier, we will hold an additional Italian track at EuroPython, containg only talks delivered in Italian.
EuroPython on your phone
All the juicy features for you smartphone geeks!
Enjoy EuroPython on your phone!
We are well aware that nowadays enjoying a conference goes through a superior mobile experience. This is why we have worked on providing specific support for our smartphone-powered attendees.
Special Partner Programme
Some fantastic events have been put into place – don’t be disappointed, book now:
Cruiser bike tour
Florence Centre with Dome
Michelangelo, the Master
Oil, Cheese & Wine in Chianti Shire
Oltrarno district and its craftsmen
Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens
S.Lorenzo district and food market
S. M. Novella Church, Pharmacy & District
Uffizi Gallery & Vasari’s corridor
Am I really going to work when all this is going on?
PyFiorentina: the legendary steak! (All together)
This year’s legendary gastronomic excursion in the land of steaks became European!
I have been there! Don’t miss it great atmosphere and great food. Places are going fast, so hurry up, book it now!
For any further question:
- Contact the organizers: europython.eu/contacts/
- Submit a paper: europython.eu/conference/paper-submission/