OggCamp 11 is over!
Saturday morning – got up, looked at the weather – a lot of rain during the night and still raining. When driving to Farnham, I kept wondering what was plan B for the Geeknic. I could not picture 300 Geeks in a park in the rain and then I realised there was not plan B since we were not allowed to take drinks into the Maltings – everything had to be bought on the premises. Got to Farnham, it was bleak but the rain had stopped, so went to set up the book table. I did not have time to see the sky until lunchtime – surprise! It was not a Mediterranean blue sky but we could almost call it a sunny day – the geeknic is on. Success!
As expected he 19 cans of Ubunty cola went first. Waitrose, you let me down badly- how come you could not supply Fair Trade Cola in bigger quantities?
OggCamp 11 is over for me since I could no make it today. As usual I could not go to the talks but I met some great people, some old friends from the days of LUG Radio Live as well as some I keep bumping into at other events. During the day I met lots of people who are interested in writing for this blog – so hopefully you will find some interesting posts about:
- Cloud computing
- Careers in Open Source
- Using Open Source in Industry
- and possibly about 3D printing by another maker
And now for the Oscar presentation: I would like to thank –
- the OggCamp crew – they have been incredibly helpful (carried the boxes of books, set up the table and the reverse in the evening – during the day, they always said “shout if you need help”).
- my colleague, Clair who charmed everybody and worked tiredlessly all day.
- O’Reilly for … no that’s enough, it does not sound like me at all.
I don’t know yet where OggCamp 12 will be but I will do my best to be there – possibly for the 2 days.
Now it is time to catch that plane to YAPC or Yet Another Perl Conference – see you there!